To protect and defend human rights through sustainable litigation, education and advocacy which contributes positively to a culture of tolerance and adherence to democratic values and practices.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of ZLHR shall be to foster a culture of human rights in Zimbabwe and to encourage the growth and strengthening of human rights at all levels of Zimbabwean society. This shall include but not be limited to the following:
- To strive to protect, promote, deepen and broaden the human rights provisions in the Constitution of Zimbabwe.
- To strive for the implementation and protection in Zimbabwe of international human rights norms as contained in important sub-regional and international human rights instruments.
- To strive for the adoption of a Southern African Development Community (SADC) Charter on Human Rights and to develop and/or strengthen the implementing mechanisms.
- To endeavor to find common ground with and work alongside other Zimbabwean groups, organisations, activists and persons who share a broadly similar concern for and interest in human rights.
- To liaise and work with other human rights groups wherever situated but particularly in Southern Africa, and especially those closely linked to the legal profession.
- To do all other things necessary to promote and protect human rights, the rule of law and separation of powers in Zimbabwe and the region